Friday, April 9, 2010

Who are WE?

I call it generation Z. People whose emotions are governed by the social networking sites. Making the right statements at a right time. I talk about saving the planet, saving energy, human rights, political rights and yes, sometimes wander in the simplicity of an earthy lifestyle. Whatever the matter be; it is just right for a thread to start off.


So have we become ‘stupid googlers’? Checking the wiki and adding our experiences to make a comment or is there a gadget revolution. Notebooks & Laptops, have taken control over the expression of emotions. A childhood memory would once take me into a solitude where I was alone and relived those warm moments. Now I have my friends, family, friends of friends, acquaintances, colleagues, the girl I met once at the party and Ouch! Is that my mom in law?! peeping inside too?

Basically shared information. Since when did we become so generous? Sometime back, I never wanted to have a blog, as I didn’t want to share. But once I tried, am thrilled about it. Have we become subjects to Dr. Darwin? Are we evolved as gen z with better ability to share and bring about change? Are we friendlier beings with an addition of a laptop there? I can easily picture the human evolution diagrams in my science book, stone age, Iron age. The bend of the chimpanzee finally straightening up. Just that this time a shiny gadget replaces the stone tool. Okay! I agree that was exaggerated. But we are exaggerating everything to make a statement on the networking site. How many actually turned off their lights on Earth hour? I know many did, “we didn’t have current for 14 hours that day!”, my excuse for not switching off the genset.

So what did I get from this piece? Another thread of comments to express my thoughts.. oh no, please don’t stop commenting, I enjoy comments. Moreover lets evolve! ;)

4 comments:

  1. hmm... profound dids.... great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh the girl is dripping sarcasm, the girl is angry !! I like it..You are right, I have been quite tight fisted with my information as well, but social networking, net addiction, I think yes we have become slaves to technology. But also there's the good and the bad. Information technology while used intelligently can be a good thing. Because information is a good thing, personal information aside. I also think...now this is a bit profound, but I really think, everyone is waiting to be discovered, alot of people out there wait their whole lives for someone to notice them, lives magically touched with hope. And thats why we have a flow of status updates everyday, each one I guess unique in its own way. Well thats just the good part. But if you know how to use it, how much to give in how much to withhold..it becomes a game ..I guess we are all suckers for that. Good read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, ha, haa! Gud One!!
    infact ur very true! the comfort factor of being invisible and still enjoying all the visible happenings, definitely gives cheap thrill. all these, after an 'over' exaggerated statement!
    Love ur writings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @This is that: Thanx! for putting it in the right words. I agree with the blessings of internet.
    @Kalu and Manny: thanx for contributing to the evolution ;)

    ReplyDelete